Time: from 10:00 to 12:30
Venue: Centro Cultural IberCaja Actur
Address: Calle Antón Garcia Abril 1, 50018 Zaragoza
Presenter: Susan Pexton, part of the Cambridge Seminar presenter team
10:00 – 11:00 Speaking
The aims are:
- to develop teachers’ awareness of the assessment of speaking across the CEFR levels, and the Cambridge English Assessment scales
- to explore the usefulness of these scales as a tool for describing and analysing specific aspects of spoken language
- to share practical ideas for:
1 . evaluating learners’ speaking and identifying areas of strength / weakness
2. developing speaking skills in class in order to prepare for the tests
11:30 – 12:30: C1 Advanced writing
The aims are:
- to build teacher confidence in preparing learners for the C1 Advanced Writing paper
- to raise awareness of what aspects of writing learners are assessed on
- to understand how to work with assessment criteria for writing in class
- to explore teaching ideas and classroom activities to prepare learners for the exam
There will be a mid-morning coffee break, with a selection of textbooks from CUP to browse.
Teachers wishing to attend must first register individually on the Cambridge English Teacher Training website for Spain and Portugal: http://www.cambridgeenglishteachertraining.org/my-account/
They can then select the seminar from the list in the Seminars section or directly via this link and sign up to attend.
The closing date for registration is: TO BE CONFIRMED
Places are limited and will be allotted on a first-come-first-served basis: teachers who arrive on the day without having registered previously will only be allowed to attend if there are unallocated places remaining, or if any teacher who has registered fails to arrive.
Certificates of attendance will only be provided for teachers who have registered and attended on the day: they will receive an e-mail after the event with instructions on how to download their certificate.
Click here to register >