Using Technology for homework
As we always do, we begin once again the new year with some Teacher Training events. This time we are going to talk about using technology for homework.VLEC, in collaboration with Centro Cultural iberCaja Actur, would like to invite you to a seminar for teachers.
Venue: Centro Cultural IberCaja (Actur)
Address: Calle Antón García Abril 1, 50018 Zaragoza
Date: Saturday 9 February 2019
Time: 10:00 to 13:00 h
Presenter: Susan Pexton
10:00 – 11:00 Using Technology for homework Susan Pexton
The aims are:
- to raise awareness of the benefits and challenges of setting homework
- to introduce the idea of the ‘connected classroom’
- to provide practical ideas on the internet for practising all four skills for homework
- to provide participants with a list of useful websites and ideas on how to exploit them
11:00 – 11:30 Coffee break
Cambridge University Press and Cambridge Assessment English will be present with the latest textbooks etc.
11:30 – 12:30 Informal Assessment in the English Classroom Susan Pexton
The aims are:
- to develop teachers’ understandings of the ways in which different types of classroom assessment can be used to help develop learners’ language skills
- to explore ways that teachers can measure achievements throughout the year to help prepare learners for Cambridge English exams
- to provide teachers with a set of teaching ideas / classroom activites which they can take away to use with their learners, including practical ways of responding to learners’ errors
12:40 – 13:00 Brief update from Cambridge Assessment Andrew Turner
- Linguaskill: an introduction
- A brief preview of the revised Preliminary and Key exams from 2020
Teachers wishing to attend must first register individually on the Cambridge English Teacher Training website for Spain and Portugal: http://www.cambridgeenglishteachertraining.org/my-account/
They can then select the seminar from the list in the Seminars & Events section or directly via this link: http://www.cambridgeenglishteachertraining.org/upcoming-seminars/?id_event=589
The closing date for registration is Wednesday 6th February.
Places are limited and will be allotted on a first-come-first-served basis: teachers who arrive on the day without having registered previously can only attend if there is room.
Certificates of attendance will only be provided for teachers who have registered and attended on the day.